Sunday 25 March 2012

So... That bread.

As promised I was going to post about that bread.
I was inspired by my baking the other night and went and bought some 'Country Grain' bread flour.
So the plan was to prep the bread and leave to proove while I went for a jog. The evening however panned out a little different. Jogged first and then knakered I went to work kneading the dough. Urgh.
Think I'll learn from that experience. Also that I should proove it somewhere warmer than I normally do as damn it takes ages to proove. And damn it I'm impatient. So I went to bed at silly o'clock on a school night... again!
And one of the best things to do when baking bread is to eat some still warm. But when it comes out of the oven at some o'clock I can't enjoy it's lovelyness. Sad face!
But anyhoo, following the recipe on the back of the packet, which I'll have to write down and post. The bread turned OK, with only one proove (?). Will need to work on it. Mr Spoon is the Bread King and knows his bread shit. But I'm enjoying trying.



No comments:

Post a Comment